In the process of repair it is necessary to use a lot of different building materials, mixtures and additional substances. All of them play a special role. For example, a primer helps to fix on the walls a layer of paint, plaster or wallpaper. This product is sold in specialized stores. However, it can be prepared at home using PVA glue. How to prepare a primer with your own hands?
- Advantages of self-made tools
- Classification and preparation methods
- For strengthening
- Strengthened action
- For wooden constructions
- wallpaper Another kind of
Advantages of self-made tools
Why it is worth trying to make a primer with your own hands? Maybe it's better to go to a special store and buy it? This is the simplest option. However, there is a lot of such priming.
The structure includes simple components. Their total cost will be significantly lower than that of the finished solution. The main thing is to correctly calculate the proportions and follow the prescription.
Classification and methods of preparation
There are several types of primers. All of them have their own unique composition and special effect on the working surface.
Primer for strengthening walls is made of three components:
- of copper vitriol;
- joinery glue;
- of laundry soap is 60%.
Proportions1: 5: 2, respectively. Also you need to take a container, preferably enameled. It is not recommended after using this container to store food.
How to make a primer of these components:
- Collect ordinary water in the bowl. Boil it.
- The soap can be grated or simply ground in a different way.
- Combine soap with water. Cook over low heat until a uniform mass is formed. To speed up the process, stir with a wooden spatula.
- Add vitriol and glue to the solution.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes. To not appear lumps, stir occasionally.
- After the indicated time, set aside and allow a few minutes to cool down.
- Strain with a sieve. You can use a gauze or bandage, folded in several layers.
- Once the solution has cooled down, they can cover the walls.
Tip: If there are lumps in the cooking process, you can remove them with a construction mixer or blender. After work, the tools must be thoroughly washed, otherwise they will quickly fail.
Another type of primer is the composition of deep penetration. It helps to protect the walls from exposure from adverse environmental conditions. The main active substance is PVA glue. It is better than other substances increases the strength of the walls, making them waterproof.
Many people think that such positive qualities give the right to replace the PVA with the primer itself. You do not need to do this, because over time, the film that it leaves on the wall can go away together with the plaster. In addition, the glue becomes not so white over time, but acquires a yellowish tinge. It can be displayed on wallpaper and decorative cover. Glue PVA can only be part of the primer of deep penetration, and not replace it.
Primer from PVA is made by yourself:
- Before making a PVA primer, you need to prepare the basic ingredients that make up it. This is PVA glue, pure water and cement. According to the recipe, PVA and water are taken in a 1: 8 ratio. Cement will need a little.
- Connect water and glue. Gently pour the cement. To stir thoroughly.
This recipe for deep penetration primer is considered the easiest. The mixture does not need to be heated to a boil, and then boil, do not have to wait until it cools. The primer of deep penetration containing PVA in its composition is ready for use immediately after its preparation.
There is one drawback for such a solution. It can be stored no longer than 24 hours. Do it in advance is not possible.
How to determine how correct were the proportions of self-made primer for walls? There is one trick. Spread a small portion of the wall with a mortar and leave until completely dry. Then evaluate: the surface should not be covered with a thick film.
For wooden structures
The most difficult to repair is the processing of wood. Should it be primed or just one layer of special impregnation? There are several cases where a primer for a tree will be invaluable:
- A wooden structure is part of the facade or touches the outer walls.
- There are defects that can not be removed without puttying or paint.
- The room in which the structure is located is not heated.
- The product will be covered with paintwork materials.
In most cases, alkyd, acrylic, antiseptic or shellac primers are used for wood. How to make a primer for wood alone at home is difficult to answer. In addition, the wrong proportions of the ingredients in the composition can only spoil the wooden structures.
When you paste wallpaper for wall priming, you can use a tool based on wallpaper glue. It is a part of PVA.By their properties, these two types of glue are very similar. They provide reliable protection and deep penetration of the active substance. In addition, using wallpaper paste, do not wait for the drying of the applied layer. Wallpaper can be glued directly to the primer.
Another kind of
You can also make an adhesive primer with your own hands. It is used in those situations where it is necessary to ensure a deep penetration of the substance and increased adhesion of materials for finishing with the wall.
- 200 g of laundry soap;
- dry paint adhesive in the amount of 200 g;
- 250 g of aluminum alum;
- 2 kg of chalk;
- 30 g of drying oil.
How to prepare an adhesive primer for walls with your own hands:
- Alum fill with hot water( 1 l).
- Take a separate vessel. Dilute the glue in it.
- Set to low fire. Stirring, combine with soap, alum and linseed oil.
- Add chalk. Stir well.
- Add water if necessary.
After 24 hours the solution will lose its properties.
Do not get upset and rush to the store, if the repair is finished primer. You can cook it yourself. If you strictly adhere to the prescription, you can get a fairly high-quality tool. For cooking at home, the easiest recipe involves the use of PVA glue. Before cooking, you need to carefully study the recipe and calculate the proportions.