During repair, careful attention should be paid to each stage. One of the most important is painting. Problems appear when you need to paint heating appliances or, for example, an oven. The use of conventional dyes can lead to undesirable consequences: the appearance of extraneous odors and the change of color. Protect from them will help heat-resistant paint. What is it?
- Correct choice
- Marking system
- Color solutions
Heat resistant paint differs from other dyes in its composition. In most cases, conventional paints consist of two elements - a color pigment and a base. As a basis, oil or nitro paint is often used. They contain acetone or linseed oil, because of which there is an unpleasant smell. This is particularly true when the painted surface is heated under the influence of high temperatures. Simultaneously with the smell, the color may change.
Heat resistant paint has excellent anti-corrosion properties. It protects the surface from rust and destruction. The main sphere of its use is the staining of heating devices and some elements. These include:
- chimney pipes;
- doors in furnaces;
The right choice of
The paint market presents a wide range of paints that can withstand high temperatures and at the same time protect the surface from rust, adverse effects of the environment, etc. In order not to be mistaken in the choice, it is necessary to remember the signs that qualitative paint should differ:
- Filler. If it is a heat-resistant paint that can withstand a temperature of even more than 500 ° C, zinc and aluminum powder should be present in its composition.
- Temperature limit. Most paints can withstand around 450 ° C. However, they will not work for painting the oven. In this case, the ideal option - heat-resistant enamel. The coating created with it can withstand more than 600 ° C.
- Basis. It is desirable that the paint is made on the basis of a solvent or water. Then it will not emit toxic substances when heated. In addition, such a base will allow the finished coating to retain its properties even at very high temperatures.
- Anti-corrosion properties. For surfaces that are located in rooms with high humidity, it is better to choose an anti-corrosion dye. They will protect against rust, and the temperature drops will stand.
Many heat-resistant paints are considered universal. They can paint any surface, for example, glass. The obtained coating reliably protects against rust and destruction, preventing penetration of air and moisture.
There are several types of heat-resistant paints. They differ from each other in the composition:
- One- and two-component polyurethane. Make the surface glossy, quickly dry and suitable for a variety of furnaces.
- Silicone. This is the best choice for rooms with sudden temperature changes. After painting, the surface becomes silvery. Alkyd Silicone Organic Enamels. Suitable for processing stone, brick, metal and other materials. Easily cope with the aggressive impact of the environment.
- Water-emulsion acrylic. The coating protects the metal from rust. Paint of this kind is not suitable for rooms with high humidity - such conditions greatly reduce the period of its operation.
- Latex water based emulsion. Such stains stain bricks and concrete. The finished coating has excellent water-repellent properties.
- Primer enamel. Effectively and permanently protects any surface from corrosion, rust and high temperatures. Quickly dries. Priming enamel is suitable for rooms with high humidity and aggressive environment.
Also heat-resistant paints differ in their function:
- For industrial plants where the temperature can rise to 700 ° C or higher. In the composition of this paint must be present silicone resins.
- For residential use. Here, the temperature of the painted surfaces never rises above 100 ° C, so it is better to use resin-based materials, for example acrylics.
- For surfaces with a temperature of 400 to 750 ° C. These funds are most often produced in cans.
- Dyes that are made up of epoxy resins are suitable for rooms with a temperature of 100-120 ° C.
marking system On the paint package there is always a marking. Usually it consists of letters and numbers. If there is written KO, then, in the composition of the means, there is an organosilicon binder. The next digit or number following the letters indicates the degree of heat resistance. Here are some examples of marking:
- KO-811.Dye, which is suitable for products made of steel and aluminum. Can be used even when the outside temperature is below zero.
- KO-8111.This paint can be painted objects that will not heat up more than 600 ° C. This primer enamel perfectly protects against rust and exposure to aggressive environments.
- KO-814.The coated temperature ranges from -60 to + 400 ° C.
- KO-813.Heat resistant enamel withstands temperature changes from 60 to 600 ° C. The coating reliably protects against rust. It is not affected by high humidity and harmful environmental effects.
The most popular colors are black and silver. And this is not surprising, because the surface, painted in black, will heat up much faster than others. Black paint is suitable for processing furnaces. It is better, that it was matte, - matte surface has good heat transfer.
For coloring the fireplace you can use any color according to the color, as it will play an exclusively decorative role. Excellent will look red glossy enamel.
What about silvery paint or silver? It has become quite widespread and is used for painting heating appliances, furnaces, pipes, etc. Serebryanku has been used for several centuries. The secret of its popularity in a large number of advantages:
- creates a durable coating;
- is rust resistant;
- does not contain any toxic substances;
- silverstone dries quickly;
- the painted surface acquires a beautiful silvery color.
A special place is occupied by heat-sensitive paints. This is a colorant, the color of which varies with temperature. Thermosensitive paints allow you to determine by eye the extent to which a particular surface has heated up. Heat-resistant paints have many advantages. First, they can be used when working with different surfaces, including glass, brick, concrete, etc. Secondly, they protect against rust and destruction. And, finally, give the surface a beautiful glossy sheen or solid opacity.