There are many surfaces, often hard to reach, which are capable of processing only aerosol paint, which is contained in a can. The construction of an object, as a rule, makes certain requirements for the materials used in carrying out various works.
- Key features of
- Application areas of
- Advantages and disadvantages of
- Advice on choosing
They must have quite specific characteristics and qualities that allow them to be universal toolswhen carrying out construction work. They can be produced in a variety of forms, in a variety of mixtures, it can be enamel, and, of course, in cans.
Main features of
It is worth noting that heat-resistant and heat-resistant paint in a cylinder is a rather specific colorful material used in a rather narrow sphere. Of course, you can use this tool for other works not stated by the manufacturer, but this can lead not only to additional expenses, but also to poorly executed work. Proceeding from this, I would like to advise you to use this aerosol only in those areas that are related to its direct purpose.
The release of paint in these cylinders is a justified solution, because it makes it possible to handle different surfaces in a fairly even layer.
Aerosol has certain characteristics that influence the choice:
- The main point, which is highly discouraged, is the temperature tolerance of such means. The fact is that the aerosol type of heat-resistant paint for metal is able to withstand only a certain heat, which is indicated on the cylinder, which directly affects where and for what purposes this tool will be used.
- Many manufacturers produce this product, which can be applied in certain temperature ranges. There are a lot of metal paints that can withstand direct contact with fire, but will not withstand the rise of temperature above the norm. There is also a little reverse reaction of other aerosols - they can withstand elevated temperature indicators, but they will be destroyed under the influence of open fire.
- There is a number of requirements for the surface itself, on which the aerosol will be applied. For example, according to the recommendations, it must be pretreated with a special primer, and only then with metal paint. The fact is that under the influence of high temperatures, the upper enamel can exfoliate from the surface, and on it just would be the material. Applying a primer will prevent this.
- One of the main features of such tools is that they have sufficient plasticity, even after complete drying. Therefore, when the surface begins to swell or expand under the influence of high temperatures, the applied paint layer does not exfoliate and does not crack.
- It is worth noting that the applied enamel does not protect from the effects of open flame, however, it does not allow the surface to become rusted.
- This high-temperature, heat-resistant paint has a peculiar reflective function.
Areas of application
Like other products, the aerosol has its own field of application, with its own specifics and norms.
Here are the main ones:
- This material has been widely used in areas with increased moisture generation and high temperature conditions, i.e.where the usual enamel is cracked, this remedy will come in handy. Basically, these are saunas, baths and other similar places.
- Heat-resistant paint in a cylinder is perfectly suited for use in the processing of fireplace structures and stoves, as well as in painting doors, etc.
- A similar material can be used for processing pipes on a heating main, because they can be applied over rust traces. In addition, they can perform an additional function of insulation.
In view of the fact that this tool is quite expensive, it is simply not practical to apply it in other areas, in order to avoid high processing costs. In other cases, it is better to use other compounds that are similar in components and purpose.
Advantages and disadvantages of
The high price of such products does not mean that this product is ideal for all painting jobs. It has its pros and cons that can influence the final choice.
Advantages of aerosol paint for metal:
- aerosol in a cylinder is already ready for use, so no additional preparatory manipulation is necessary;
- aerosol paint for metal excellently copes with the most complex areas of the surface, due to the fact that it can penetrate any hard-to-reach places;
- does not require any additional tools and devices( except a mask or a handkerchief to protect the respiratory system);
- heat-resistant paint for metal has good adhesion properties;
- the enamel applied very quickly dries and is resistant to fading in the sun;
- does not need any extra effort when transporting the aerosol;
- a wide range of paints by their type( acrylic, epoxy, oil, etc.);
- variety of colors, which greatly simplifies the choice;
- paint application in this way gives an extra dimension in terms of the embodiment of the original ideas when painting;
- can easily draw a smooth transition and merging one shade into another;
- aerosol for metal with the remaining paint does not dry out, so do not rush to use the residue of the substance;
- heat-resistant paint in the bottle does not exude absolutely no smell.
- no possibility of tinting, i.e.mixing different colors;
- needs some professional training, because with excess of the deposited substance, there can be streaks;
- to make a straight line in the staining, you need to use some stencil;
- impossibility of changing the consistency of the substance;
- when working on the street, you need to monitor the weather conditions, i.e.in windy weather, work is impossible.
Tips for choosing
To achieve the best results and not to spend money in empty, you need to know what to look for when buying paint in the bottle.
Here are just some tips:
- It should be remembered that for each type of surface you need a certain composition of the used paint material. In particular, acrylics are suitable for painting wood, glass or plastic, and for the metal, compositions based on zinc and aluminum are needed.
- If required by the design of the room, then you can choose different varieties of paints with additional effects( dents, hammer blows, etc.).
- The applied enamel should be calculated according to the information on the package( per square meter).
In conclusion, I would like to note that people who first encounter such material and such works should carefully study the instruction in the store. There will be indicated not only what color will be the enamel applied, but also the required consumption of the substance, taking into account the fact that for 1 square meter.you need about three layers of composition.
It should be noted that the applied enamel from the aerosol though it is quite universal and the most preferable substance for protection against high humidity, but still it is not considered a panacea for all time. For this reason, periodically it is necessary to update the treated surfaces, applying new layers.