Tree has always been a favorite material of man. No synthetic material is able to compete with the natural, diverse beauty of wood. Strict simplicity oak, elegant lightness birchwood - how many different species of trees, so many warm shades of wood, remarkably beautiful figure, which by themselves are able to decorate any room in the form of doors, furniture, parquet.
- What need primer mixture
- Species composition
- processing before priming
- How to prime the wooden surface
But even with proper care, without reliable protection darken destroyed, are affected by a fungus, mildew. honorable way out of this situation would be to use a colorless or toning lacquer, which is beneficial to emphasize the texture of wood, impressively set off the natural beauty of the product. But before its cause, it is necessary to use a primer, application of which:
- ensure uniform distribution of the final coating without streaks, water stains;
- eliminates irregularities, cracks;
- protects the product from unfavorable environmental factors;
- will emphasize natural beauty;
- will make durable. What
need primer mixture
visited the construction market, a little taken aback by the proposed there variety of goods, a layman is sometimes amenable to persuasion sellers touting their wares as a universal and may miscalculate with the purchase. To prevent this from happening, you need to decide before deciding on the market why and for what purpose the primer will be purchased. On this depends largely on its composition.
The objectives of primer application can be as follows:
- leveling of unevennesses before subsequent application of lacquer;
- restoration of old parquet or wooden floor;
- desire to emphasize the texture of wood, to give brightness to its pattern;
- increase the shade of panels or parquet;
- protect the product from the risk of darkening;
- to increase the resistance of the parquet to wear;
- to protect wood from the adverse environmental conditions, fungus, rot - it often comes to the use of wood products street: pavilions, terraces.
When choosing the composition, it is necessary to take into account not only the protective and toxic qualities of the primer, but also the characteristics of the varnish, which will be applied afterwards, at the final stage of work.
Types of primer for the basic substance:
- Alkyd is the best liked by professional builders, it is considered the best. The wood processed by it dries up to 18 hours, on its surface is formed a matte dense protective film, which emphasizes the structure. Such a primer is non-toxic. Using it, it is possible to significantly increase the wear resistance of a parquet or a wooden wooden floor.
- Water-dispersion and its variety - acrylic - dry quickly. They are odorless, non-toxic. The wood treated with such a composition is easily ground, protected from rot, mold.
- Shellac. It is often used for processing raw or poorly dried wood, it consists of methyl alcohol and milky juice of insects. Has a pronounced protective properties.
treatment Priming the surface of a tree before applying varnish on it can be done in many ways. Applied:
- liquid wax, which is sold in aerosol cans;
- natural wax dissolved in turpentine base;
- an aqueous solution of well-sieved crushed chalk, in which, to add the desired shade, you can add a dye;
- mixture of wood powder and PVA glue.
How to choose a primer with regard to the finish coat:
- if a lacquer based on a solvent or polyurethane is used in the future, the solvent must necessarily be part of the primer.
- when using water-based varnishes it is necessary to use an acrylic or other( for example, chalk) water-based primer.
Advice: when it is necessary that the door, panels, parquet retain the natural color, it is necessary to take a colorless primer.
To ensure that the primed and then varnished wood looks effective and lasts long, it must be properly prepared and stocked with the necessary tools.
- a set of abrasive paper( "skins") of different grain sizes;
- rubber plate of small size;
- rectangular bar, the size of which depends on the surface to be treated.
You can start the preparatory work by using the tool. All the wooden surfaces are treated with a "skin" by smoothly moving it along the wood fibers. It is necessary to gradually change the granularity from coarse to smaller. To handle large areas( such are parquet, panels), it is more convenient to wrap a bar of the right size with abrasive paper, for details of smaller( furniture elements) - wrap a rubber plate.
Advice: Fine dust, wood shavings are most conveniently collected by a vacuum cleaner. After a careful treatment and cleaning the surface, you can begin applying the primer layer.
How to primed
Surface of parquet, floor, door, panels, furniture is already carefully leveled, cleaned of dust and debris, dried, now you can proceed to the intermediate stage before applying the varnish-priming.
- To begin with, pour the solution into a convenient container. When using the concentrate, dilute it with water or a solvent according to the instructions.
- Priming should be applied evenly, using, depending on the surface, a roller or brush. Apply the solution to the surface along the wood fibers.
- After the first layer of the primer dries out, it is necessary to "peel" the wood fibers to a smooth surface, if necessary( when restoring the old parquet, panels) - use the putty on wood.
- Apply 1-2 coats more.
- After complete drying, you can proceed to the finishing stage: cover the product with a toned or colorless varnish.
It is important not to save on the primer. Excess multiple layers of coating improve the quality of the finish, allow you to achieve the desired effect.
After completion of priming and complete drying of the last layer, the wood is covered with a hue or colorless varnish 2-3 times. It is necessary to apply the finishing coat in a very thin layer, without streaks and stains.
Compliance with the right technology at all stages: preparation, priming, varnishing can guarantee that the wooden floor, door, parquet will retain their original appearance for a long time, will rejoice in their warm, artistically emphasized texture, creating a cozy atmosphere in the house.